Live Oak is open to persons 60 years, and older.
- Are unable to live independently
- Need support and help in their daily activities
- Are unable to participate in programs for independent seniors
- Would benefit from the social experience and stimulation of this personal program
How does one pay for the program?
Fees for participation are determined by a sliding scale based upon each family’s income.
- Range from family monthly income : $400 = $16; $2500+ = $62
- Live Oak is a non-profit agency and no one is denied enrollment due to inability to pay fees
CLICK FOR SLIDING FEE SCALE
- We invite participants for a trial run (stay for part of the day)
- We evaluate the client to see if they are able to interact well with peers
- We assist non-ambulatory clients to ensure they are able to stand with a little help in restrooms
As part of enrollment, we evaluate and discuss a written service agreement package, including topics such as demographics, medical issues, functional assessment, food (ADCFP), respect, transportation, annual appraisal.
Positive long-term predictors of attending Live Oak Senior Program
- Physical: exercise 2 times per week
- Cognitive: games (puzzles, word games, Bingo, Jingo, Bunco, Card toss), Crafts, Art and Music
- Behavioral: respect other and their space