POSITION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR / LOS GATOS CENTER
Status: Full Time Salaried
- Assume responsibilities for the oversight of the program, program staff, and physical plant of the Los Gatos Center.
- Become familiar with and adhere to all Community Care licensing requirements as they relate to adult day care and assure the LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES’ program is consistent with these requirements; including mandate to report abuse and special incidents;
- Become familiar with and incorporate into the LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES’ program wherever practical the STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES FOR ADULT DAY CARE as published by the National Council On Aging;
- Work cooperatively with the Executive Director with regard to the standard, content and delivery of client care and supervision as outlined in the Policies and Procedures manual for Community Care licensing;
- Assist and advice the Executive Director with regard to the hiring, scheduling and evaluation of the Los Gatos program staff, and supervise their job performances;
- Willingness and ability to conduct outreach within the Los Gatos and surrounding communities to promote the concept of adult day care and the services of this agency, which may include speaking engagements, presentations, leading tours of the Los Gatos site, participation in Health Fairs, submission of written information or announcements to the local media and developing contacts and working relationships with other service providers to benefit the clients of LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES;
- Management of the day-to-day operational requirements of the Los Gatos Center including: monitoring of the meal service, supervision of the facility, oversight of the janitorial needs and supplies and of the security of the Los Gatos Center;
- Develop and maintain necessary record keeping systems with regard to client demographics, attendance, medications, diet restrictions, state of health, care plans, etc:
- Recruit, conduct orientation and training of program volunteers and assist in the planning for recognition of their work for this agency;
- Plan and arrange periodic in-service trainings for program staff in conjunction with Cupertino, Willow Glen and Gilroy site Program Directors on the subject relative to adult day care;
- Perform in-home evaluative assessments of prospective clients and do appropriate follow-up for enrollment;
- Maintain food program supplies necessary for efficient operation of the day care program within the agency budget;
- Acquire, label, cycle and replenish food, medications and basic supplies adequate for an emergency situation of three days duration;
- Become familiar with related services available in the Los Gatos and surrounding communities which may be needed by the families and clients of LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES, so that appropriate referrals may be provided;
- Be willing and able to represent LIVE OAK at occasional meetings or hearings related to funding for the agency if requested to do so;
- Be willing and available to attend staff meetings, program directors’ meetings and meetings with the Executive Director on a regular schedule and, as needed, at the administrative offices of the agency in Los Gatos;
- Be willing and available to attend and report to the Board of Director on a regular schedule not to exceed once each quarter, as may be requested by the Executive Director;
- To work closely with and advise the Executive Director regarding program needs, problems, successes and to work within the guidelines set forth in the Personnel Policies of LIVE OAK ADULT DAY CARE SERVICES;
- To represent the agency to the public in a professional manner at all times.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or BS degree related to agency program (i.e. Gerontology, Social Services, Psychology, Human Development, Health Sciences, etc.).
- Three (3) years work experience in residential care, one of which shall have been providing direct care to clients or assisting in facility administration.
- Experience and knowledge that provides requisite skills to work with frail elderly persons and their families in a professional capacity and to manage the operations aspects at the Los Gatos Center.
- Experience and ability to plan, implement, conduct and evaluate appropriate program activities, ability to evaluate staff, ability to motivate and manage co-workers, and ability to accept supervision from and work closely with the Executive Director in order to facilitate a smoothly functioning organization.
- Minimum Requirements: DOJ Clearance, current First Aid & CPR Certification; clear TB testing & “Good” health screening.
To apply, please email your resume and other details to : firstname.lastname@example.org